Search This Blog

Wednesday 8 December 2010

30 seconds in the mind of Mary Kanu

H A I L  M A R Y!

Dig in with Mary Kanu!


Mary, 22, is a Southampton Politics and International Relations graduate. Now she's back in London to conquer the writing and publishing world. I wanted to put some random questions to her to find out what she's all about.

What is your greatest fear?

This'll probably never happen, but being buried alive! It really disturbs me when they show people buried alive on TV and in movies. If I'm under my duvet I feel claustrophobic so I think that's linked to a fear of being in dark enclosed spaces for long periods of time.


What is your earliest memory?

Wow, my memory's really bad, I guess some good memories are waking up at 7 am to watch Saturday morning TV. When shows like Live and Kicking and Diggin' came on that was my time, my mum would call me to eat and I didn't want to be disturbed.

What are you like onstage?

I used to act for the National Youth Theatre, so when it's acting and role-plays I enjoy doing that it's fun. But when I have to be myself, I'm a dork! I was at an Open Mic Night singing but when I had to speak I couldn't and my friend had to speak for me!


What are you like to live with?

On the surface I'm neat, but below the surface, say if you open my wardrobe then everything will fall out!! I can be immature too but lets not go into that!

What gadget do you think should be invented?

I've always wanted some kind of machine that would read my mind and type up my work for me. I don't know if there's a general disconnect between my brain and writing or typing for me to translate what I'm thinking in my head down.


Choice Cuts - Mary's favourite...

song isFlume [live] by Bon Iver
book isThe Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
website ishttp://thedailywh.at/
youtube clip is:

Follow Mary's blog@ http://forevercatch.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment