Search This Blog

Thursday 9 December 2010

Finding Dory in the Land Before Time [Bio part 1]

I decided to rename my blog 'Car Can't Catch Me' after a famous family tale.


When I was young I believed I could do anything - I was also really naughty, which unfortunately meant my parents sent me to nursery younger than they sent my older sister. I have a younger sister too, so I have my tantrums which my family call my 'middle child issues', but that's another blog and a half!

Homer's overlooked middle child


Back to the original story, my mum or little sister probably tell the story better:

You know the phrase "running before you can walk?" Well, I actually did, and the famous incident I think is on a trip to Madame Tussauds [I'm sure my sisters will correct me if I'm wrong, my memory is not perfect].

Hi, I'm Dory, what's your name?


Ok my lil sis actually corrected me...

My grandad had picked me up from nursery, he went to close the car door and I had already run across the road and into the shop where my parents worked, then he came in huffing and puffing telling me I could have been run over and I said to him in reply "car can't catch me!"

I'm sure I really believed it too, I remember feeling confident when I was younger, not scared of spiders or rules -  until somebody told me I can't do something, those thoughts never entered my head.

By the time I was 16 I loved English and was intrigued by the power of the media and wanted to be a part of that world. I had plans, and opportunities which excited me and at that time I was very sure I'd end up writing for Blues & Soul or Vibe Magazine or work for MTV.

Then things changed....

Song from those good old innocent days:

No comments:

Post a Comment