Search This Blog

Saturday 5 April 2014

National Poetry Writing Month: Requiem #NaPoWriMo

Raindrops on the train glass window
Raindrops on the train glass window
This is the perfect poem for me to kick off  my #NaPoWriMo contribution with, as I wrote Requiem after a long long period of writer's block. The inspiration behind it was something so simple, yet created this out pour which I was not in control of:-

Requiem

Raindrops on the train glass window,
fall effortlessly like the pain you give and claim to not know.
Epitomising the demising friendship I was desiring, to step into; fantasising,
where it could go.
Oh they fall, so small,
But build up to a size,
uncontrollable to hold back anymore.
Like the tears in my eyes,
concealed by a smile;
hard to not eventually show at all.
They fall south despite being blown; forced in the other direction.
I wish I had somewhere to hide – a distraction,
from the cold slap of spite, like sudden frostbite
from the warm sunny flirts of your affection.
I wish I had some protection from the gust that stings my eyes,
And the whistling wind voicing my silent cries.
I was crazy for you.
Now I abhor you.
I guess I had to write a requiem for you.
Soon the storm will pass,
After a lightning flash making sense of the past;
To wash old rivers away,
Drown out the sorrow, for tomorrow may still be cold but will be a brighter day.
Shouldn’t let a bad experience diminish my spirit,
Or keep me from friendships.
I’ve come to terms with it.
Definitely learned from it.
You were never true.
I was crazy for you.
Now I abhor you.
So I wrote a requiem for you.
(here’s a requiem for you).

No comments:

Post a Comment